Midwives Chronicle and Nursing Notes

Midwives Chronicle and Nursing Notes was the first known form of published communication reaching all sectors of the midwifery profession throughout the United Kingdom. It was begun by the Midwives’ Institute (the former name of the Royal College of Midwives) in June 1887 as part of their mission to improve the education and professionalism of midwives.

The monthly journal consists of articles and professional guidance for midwives, news relating to registration and regulations from the Central Midwives Board, adverts for midwifery instruments, and other news relating to the profession.

A complete series of the journal from 1887 is held within the Library of the Royal College of Midwives, which is housed at the headquarters of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.

Contact the RCM Library to make an appointment to view these journals.

Advertisements